Friday 10 May 2013

New Dress and Shoes Required

My CT results are back......I am stable!!
(I thought about using a few more exclamation points but I am not a 13 year old girl so I thought that might be a little extreme.)

Such wonderful news. Now I can live in peace for a few months until I am scheduled for my next set of scans.

Now for the not so good news. After my wonderful visit to Toronto (I was thinking of you Karen, but I was totally Sebastian focused. Next time we will definitely get together!) I came home and was attacked by the fatigue monster. Requiring a few days of extra sleep was to be expected but I feel like I have gone back in time. I can no longer go out for walks on a daily basis without concern that I won't make it the last couple blocks. Not fun.

And, due to my favorite method of living....denial (I love Egypt. I can't wait for the day I can visit.) I am now dealing with some lymphedema in my hand. Apparently airplane travel is one of the best
ways to bring on lymphedema if you don't wear a compression sleeve to help with lymph drainage while in the air. If I had done some research before I got on the plane I may have been more proactive but really, I probably would not have been. I was suspicious that airplane travel may lead to lymphedema but I picked the denial route instead. Hopefully the massage therapist I have found will  be able to help me.

Needless to say my plan to go back to work has been put on hold for now. Back to building up my stamina and getting the lymphedema nipped in the bud.

Right now, I am in Victoria visiting my old stomping grounds. It's been a while so the excuse to come for a visit during a med lab conference seemed like a good one. And I get to be super fancy and stay at the Empress. Such fun. And hopefully I will not end up sleeping through half the sessions!

2 comments:

  1. I do not believe I caught you napping during the lectures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to next time! Glad you got a chance to enjoy your nephew. :)

    ReplyDelete