Monday 20 August 2012

Chemo Round 2

Yay! My neutrophil count was high enough so I got to have my chemo.  Huh, those are words I never thought I would be so excited over.
And before you ask, no, I didn't ask what the count  was.  I was so glad I could have my treatment that I didn't care what the actual number was.

As my treatment was in the afternoon this time there were a lot more patients around.  I was in a room with four chairs but unfortunately not the same nice view as last time.  At least there was a window.  I was the youngest of the 4 of us by at least 20 years though which is a bit of a weird feeling.  I had seen that in other blogs from young cancer patients so I was kind of expecting it but it was still weird.

It was the same routine as last time, I took my pills then I got my IV put in.  Then it was time for patient identification of the name on the drug bags.  One thing I will say, everyone I have dealt with at the cancer agency is good about confirming patient identification.

My nurse had to manually inject the toxic red drug and then the second was run automatically.  Again, no wasabi nose but I did start to feel a little tickle.  The tickle was not a big deal but it lasted for a little while after I got home so next time I will ask to have the drug run for longer so it shouldn't be a problem.

Now, I am home, I've had dinner, I'm working on my 3rd bottle of water, and I can feel the daze coming on.

And for your final entertainment, here are a couple of photos of my blindingly white scalp:)





6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing.
    xxoo Suz
    BTW, not that you would ever concern youself about this but you have a lovely shaped head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for chemo! I am hoping and praying the chemo drugs are super awesome and are kicking ass on your cancer.

    PS - Suz is right - your head is a great shape! Looking good, Sheryl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and your inspirational blog. Been away on holidays and just catching up on the news. Hang in there and lots of hugs to you
    take care
    Marcia
    PS too, you do have a nice shaped head:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheryl,

    Wow all you are going through and you can still have a sense of humor!!
    I just wanted to let you know your work family in Rochester are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.
    You go girl and see you soon.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheryl!

    Just had to see your new look and now I'm hooked into reading your blog. :) You are so awesome!

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheryl,
    You are so incredibly brave to share your experience with all of us. Your blog is awesome. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Like Gabby, I'm hooked on your blog too! I'm thinking and praying for you! -Marian

    ReplyDelete