Thursday 5 September 2013

Relief

Yesterday, Wednesday, was the big day.  I received my CT and bone scan results.  And now the stress is over I continue to be stable! Whew.

In fact, on the bone scan there was even a decrease in the amount my sternum lights up.  (On a bone scan a radioactive tracer is injected into the bloodstream and during the scan cancerous areas or other areas undergoing rapid bone metabolism, such as sites of damage or previous surgery, light up.  The brighter it lights up the worse it is.)
I had surgery on my sternum as a kid so it has not been known if some of the brightness is from the original surgery or if it was all from cancerous activity.  I guess since the light has dimmed slightly it means there had still been active cancer cells but the Herceptin and Tamoxifen are keeping it under control.

Yay!!!  Now I can relax for another 3 months until I am due for my next set of scans.

In the mean time don't forget about the Run for the Cure on October 6th.
There is a fundraising event on September 26th at Ceili's at Granville and Smithe in Vancouver.  Tickets are $10 and that gets you a drink.  Please invite anyone I may have missed on my Facebook sweep.
100% of the money from ticket sales goes to the Red Devils.

2 comments:

  1. WHOOOHOOO!!! Here is for a stress free 3 months! I hope it continues for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sheryl,

    I unwittingly came across your blog and wanted to send you and your family all the very best of wishes at this extremely difficult time. I am so glad you seem to have such wonderful support and love around you. I really admire your strength and courage in writing this blog, and I am certain that it will do enormous good for others; providing invaluable insight, support and, at times, much needed humour.

    Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best indeed,

    Mika

    ReplyDelete