Monday 18 February 2013

My Pill Bottle Pyramid

Recovery is getting more boring.  I can't walk Jasper, I can't lift anything over 10 pounds........actually I can't really lift anything since it feels like I will rip myself open, I can't do yoga or pilates, so instead I built a pyramid:


How exciting.

The pyramid includes everything I took to make it through chemo.  I am missing a few things.  The Emend card at the back was only for one round of chemo.  I had 4 sets of those cards but I threw the others out, I had not thought of taking this picture for posterity when I first started chemo.

I have one unused prescription for a wig.  I have another unfilled prescription for a pain killer but that was for surgery not chemo so I am not including that.

Yea, so, I am kinda bored.  And I have been discharged by my home care nurse so I don't even have her visits to look forward to.  Oh well, at least not seeing her means I am healing nicely.

If you need some entertainment here is a YouTube link (thanks Grace!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM

I see my oncologist in another week.  And my surgeon.  By then someone should have some pathology reports for me.  I am waiting to hear how many lymph nodes still had tumour cells.  I am hoping for zero.

And at some point I have to see my radiation oncologist to get everything sorted to begin radiation.  Likely that won't be for a couple more weeks.  I have more healing to do first.

And now, the rain has stopped so I shall go do one of the fews things I can do, walk.

Have a lovely Monday;-)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Sheryl! So glad to hear your recovery is going well. Keep up the positive attitude and try not to go too stir crazy!

    -leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer and the side effects chemotherapy or radiotherapy can have a devastating impact on the body. Oncowell provides access to the highest quality complementary therapies to support the body during this traumatic time.
    Treatment

    ReplyDelete