Monday 10 September 2012

Chemo A Go Go

2.1!!!!
I can't complain about that.  Maybe the wheat grass really does help.  Or maybe the vitamin C.  Or maybe it's just nature:)

It was a beautiful day.  I had a seawall stroll with Carly before I went for blood work.  Then it was off for coffee with Marian while hoping the Cancer Agency didn't call to tell me chemo was cancelled.  Thanks for the coffee, Judi!! It is too bad you weren't there, but definitely next time!

The Cancer Agency didn't call so after coffee it was off to the chemo unit.  It was a busy place this afternoon.  And once again I was very thankful that I have big, happy veins.  There was another patient about my age in my room and it took 3 tries and a lot of pain and tears before the IV was in.  And it was her birthday.  I think all the nurses are hoping she gets a port put in before her next treatment is due.
I am still a little amazed that my neutrophils made it all the way up to 2.1.  It is such a relief that I got chemo and a full dose to boot.

The room I was in had a fabulous view.


Ok, that's enough, time to be one with the couch for a little while.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! It must've been the latte! :) Here's hoping your week is as pleasant as possible. -Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news, sheryl! i do hope that your week is as good as possible! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they really go around cancelling people's chemo therapy? That just seems wrong. Anyway, keep your spirits high. And hope this round of chemo kills off a few more cancer cells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you could finish with,"time to be one with the couch for a little while". Go girl ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheryl - I've been following your progress through Craig and he told me about this blog. Peter and I both send you big big hugs and positive thoughts!! I'm going to take your advice about pancakes :-)
    Susan Nichol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations neuts! So glad they behaved for you. Hope the recovery time gets shorter with each treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that it is Saturday, I hope there is a big stack of pancakes waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete