Wednesday 29 August 2012

The Run for the Cure

I am continuing to enjoy my food and gain energy so things are going well these days.  That is really all I have to report.

Onto the Run for the Cure.  Attached is a copy of the poster Abby created for the Lab at St. Paul's (minus the pretty picture, apparently my techy skills are still somewhat lacking!).  The poster includes a link and instructions for registering.
The run is on Sunday September 30th so please register to participate if you can, or you can donate as a supporter of the team from the same link.



Hey Lab Staff
Please join our Team for the CIBC Run for the Cure

Who:  Lab Staff plus family, friends…….anyone you invite to join us
What:  a 5K run/walk or 1K walk
Where:  Vancouver;  Concord Pacific Place, 88 Pacific Boulevard
When:  Sunday, September 30, 2012
Start Times:
7:30am - Final Registration and Donation Drop-off
9:00am - Opening Ceremonies
9:15am - Warm-Up
9:30am - Start of Run
10:30am - Awards Celebration
11:00am - Survivor Parade
Why: to further our vision of creating a future without breast cancer
Our Team = Sheryl’s Specimens

-last year we were the Labsters; this year we dedicate our team to Sheryl in support of her current fight against Breast Cancer
-Our Team Goal = to raise $1500 towards this great cause
-we’ve already reached almost 10% of that goal……and we only have one Team Member so far - LOL
-please join for a fun day with a worthwhile cause; this event goes a long ways to increasing the feelings of camaraderie amongst co-workers and is a great way to improve relations in the work place
PLEASE JOIN…………here’s how:
CLICK:   Registration and Locations
CLICK:   Vancouver
CLICK:   Join a Team
TYPE:   “Sheryl’s Specimens” in the box that says Team Name
CLICK:   Search for a Team
FIND our team in the list and
CLICK:  Join-----it is only $40 to Participate or No Fee if you commit to fundraise just $150----it’s easy
                               -----I posted on Facebook asking for Support and got $125 within 24 hours----EVERYONE knows SOMEONE who has been touched by this disease!   

3 comments:

  1. Sheryl, I'm so glad you've decided to blog about your journey. I've been thinking about you and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying food and feeling a bit better. I've joined "Sheryl's Specimens" and feel privileged to run with our friends from SPH lab. Call me if you need a friend at BCCA..I'm just next door at City Square.
    -Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reposted this on my facebook page, hopefully you get to your goal and more! I will do what I can to pimp this out at work as well! FIGHT HARD AND FIGHT FREE most of all KICK CANCERS ASS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sheryl. We are getting lots of response now. Our team is growing daily! I think we've got about 7 or so now on the team and we are already very close to reaching our Team goal of $1500. I was quite conservative setting the goal because it's more fun to exceed it than not to reach it. Looking forward to meeting your friends at the run.

    ReplyDelete