Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Background

Hi, and welcome to my blog.  Since you have found me in the giant blogosphere that probably means you have heard that I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Before I get into the gory details of how I was diagnosed, what has happened so far, and what happens next, there are just a few housekeeping items to go over.  I know, that sounds like University all over again, but I don't care, this my blog so I can do what I want.
  1.   I welcome any comments you may have.  If you say anything mean I will delete it.  I do welcome nice gossip, amusing links or pictures, or anything else fun, entertaining, or supportive that I and the rest of you would enjoy.  Laughter is the best medicine afterall.
  2.  You do not have to be a follower of my blog to comment, I think (I'm not really sure what followers are or how you become a follower or anything else about blogs for that matter but that's ok.  I'm here to talk about cancer, not be your tech help desk.)
  3.  I don't want to know what followers are or how to be a follower so please don't start sending me comments related to that topic
  4.  This might be, on occasion, somewhat graphic.  I am surprised how easy my cancer has been to talk about so far and if I have to suffer through something then everyone else can suffer right along with me.  It will make us all much better friends. 
  5. On occasion I may be horribly flippant or irreverant or tell really bad jokes or maybe even get sappy, but probably not the sappy part.  Sappy stuff makes me cry then I can't see the keyboard so what good would that do any of us?
  6. Yes, I did steal the title of my blog from a John Hughes movie.  And in truth I am not a big fan of pink so of course I got the pink ribbon cancer.
  7. There are likely more things but I can't think of them right now so I reserve the right to add to this list later.
Oh yeah, and pardon my punctuation.  Texting has been very bad on my grammar skills. 


Wow, this has turned into a long post already.  I think I will leave the background stuff for my next post.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl. I just got back to work today after 3 weeks off. There was a lot of news there to catch up on, yours being the worst. I am very sorry to hear this. I will be following your blog and sending all the positive energy possible your way to power your fight. Sucks that you don't like pink, but we would really have to wonder about you if you got the blue one. ;) (my attempt at the "laughter as medicine" here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, there would have been a few questions, eh? I hope you had a fabulous 3 weeks off!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sheryl. Do you remember that time we were watching the Olympics, and Canada couldn't get a medal for love nor money?! Good to see that we've got a few this time. Hope that your treatment goes well - Andrea and I will be thinking of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, as I have been watching the Olympics I have been thinking of that summer. Canada was always coming 4th. It looks a little more promising this year!

      Delete